The FPO mark is a certification mark mandatory on all processed fruit products sold in India such as packaged fruit beverages, fruit-jams, crushes and squashes, pickles, dehydrated fruit products, and fruit extracts, following the Food Safety and Standards Act of 2006.The FPO mark guarantees that the product was manufactured in a hygienic 'food-safe' environment, thus ensuring that the product is fit for consumption.
Following minimum requirements are laid down in the Fruit Product Order for hygienic production and quality standards:
• Location and surroundings of the factory
• Sanitary and hygienic conditions of premises
• Personnel hygiene
• Portability of water
• Machinery & Equipment with installed capacity
• Quality control facility & Technical staff
• Product Standards
• Limits for preservatives & other additives
Requirement For FPO Application Proceedings
• Copy of test report(s), duly authenticated, from independent FPO recognized laboratory.
• Document authenticating establishment of the firm, such as Registration by Company
Registrar OR State Authority or Memorandum of Article in case Applicant Firm is a Limited
Company OR Partnership Deed in case the applicant firm is under Partnership.
• Name of the products /Item.
• Name of the applicant
• Name of the Firm/ Company
• Address of the Firm/ Company
• Sample of the product(in pouch of 500gm.1kg.
• Started Time period of product(specify exact Date/Month/year)
• Total gross product in Kg(for last year)
• Turnover of last year