|The Ministry has a number of programmes to help and assist entrepreneurs and small businesses.
The main purpose of Registration is to maintain statistics and maintain a roll of such units for the purposes of providing incentives and support services. States have generally adopted the uniform registration procedures as per the guidelines. However, there may be some modifications done by States.
When you register a Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise, you will get an MSME certificate (provisional or permanent).
This MSME certificate helps you enjoy various benefits like priority sector lending (you get loans easily), differential rates of interest (you pay lesser interest on loans), various exemption under tax laws, get environmental clearances, etc.
• Easy finance availability from Banks, without collateral requirement under CGTMSE scheme
• Bar Code registration subsidy
• Protection against delay in payment from Buyers and right of interest on delayed payment
• Preference in procuring Government tenders,
• Stamp duty and Octroi benefits, Up to 80-90% refund of Octroi.
• Concession in electricity bills
• Reservation policies to manufacturing / production sector enterprises
• Time-bound resolution of disputes with Buyers through conciliation and arbitration
• Reimbursement of ISO Certification Expenses
• Credit prescription (Priority sector lending), differential rates of interest etc.
• Excise Exemption Scheme
• Exemption under Direct Tax Laws.
• Statutory support such as reservation and the Interest on Delayed Payments Act.
• Subsidy on NSIC performance and Credit ratings
• Participation in Govt Purchase registrations
• Registration with NSIC
• Counter Guarantee from Govt of India through CGSTI
• Waiver in Earnest Money (Security Deposit ) in Govt tenders
• 15% weightage in price Preference.
• Reduction in rate of Interest from banks (Subject to ratings)
• Free of Cost Govt tenders
• Special consideration in International Trade Fairs/ Exhibitions for MSME unit.
• 1% exemption on interest rate in OD.
• A new unit gets 3% concession on interest rate of term loan.
• 15% CLCSS Subsidy on fully automatic machinery bought under bank term loan.
• 25% concession (up to 20lac/annum) on sales service Tax & electricity exemption for unit
under C, D, D+ & No industry unit.
• All new industrial units (including IT & BT units) & expansions will be exempted from
payment of stamp duty, registration fees in C, D, D+ areas & No industry unit.
• New small scale industries (including IT & BT units) will be eligible for Capital subsidy.