- Registration with DGS&D is a process by which firms can get enlisted as an approved supplier to qualify for participation in DGS&D procurement programme.
- DGS&D registers suppliers for specified items after verification of their technical capability, financial status and reliability as a supplier.
- This registration is widely taken as a benchmark by other procurement agencies in India both in the State and Central sectors.
- 20 Registration centers across the country deal with applications for registration on single window disposal basis.
Different Categories of Registration
• Indigenous items
- Indian Manufacturers/Assemblers/Converters.
- Authorised Agents/Distributors of registered Indian Manufacturers.
- Stockists of certain specified indigenous stores.
• Imported items
• Eligibility & categories for registration.
- Foreign Manufacturers with or without Indian Agents.
- Stockists of imported stores.
- Suppliers of imported stores.
All firms, who are in the business of manufacturing, stocking or marketing of stores are eligible for DGS&D registration if otherwise suitable, subject to specific conditions or restrictions stipulated in this document. Where such registration is granted based on manufacturing or marketing agreements, it shall be the responsibility of the registered unit to keep such agreements renewed at all times to keep their registration valid for the period for which the registration has been granted.
Advantages in Associating with DGS&D
The firms registered with DGS&D enjoy the following benefits:
||Tender inquiries against demands which are not advertised, are sent to the registered firms. Tender enquiries are supplied free of cost to small-scale units.
||In case of advertised tender inquiries, copies of tender notices are sent to registered firms giving them advance information to enable them to purchase the Tender sets.
||Rate Contracts and Running Contracts are generally awarded to registered firms.
||Although ordinary demands are mostly covered on registered suppliers, operational/express /urgent demands are normally reserved for supply by registered firms.
||Earnest money and security deposit which are normally insisted upon from unregistered firms, are waived partly or fully in the case of registered firms who respond to the tender inquiries and secure orders.
• Its registrations is held in high esteem by all Govt. Department/Agencies
• Award of rate contract lends respectability & image enhancement.
• Marketing effort required is nominal.
• Consistent & uniform purchase policies & procedures.
• Availability of technical guidance for upgrading manufacturing processes & for building product
• Uniform Quality Assurance techniques lead to standardization.
• Registered suppliers are given prior intimation about tenders.
• Facility of bulk purchase of lowest competitive price.
• Enables buying as & when required.
• Saves effort involved in tedious & frequent tendering.
• Just in Time availability of supplies for inventory management.
• Availability of quality goods with full quality assurance back-up.
DGS&D fulfill following requirements:
• Rails (inspects every metre of indigeneous Rails used by Indian Railways)
• Heavy Earth Moving Const. Equipment
• Road construction & inspection machinery
• Batteries, Tyres, Tubes
• Spares for all types of vehicles & machinery
Drinking Water Supply Projects
• All kinds of water carrying pipes like M.S. Galvanized Pipes, HDPE Pipes, UPVC Pipes, CI spun
Pipes, Ductile iron Spun Pipes
• Submersible Pumps
• Hand Pumps
• Drilling Rigs & accessories
• Centrifugal Pumps
• Alumina Ferric & stable bleaching powder
• Water Fittings like meters, sluice valves
• Air compressors
• Production Machine Tools
• Special purpose machines for arms & ammunition
• CNC precision production/inspection & testing machines
Para Military Forces (BSF, CRPF, ITBP, CISF, NSG, RAF)
• Uniforms & Clothing
• Tents, FRP Shelters & Camping Equipment
• Communication Equipment like Trans receivers
• Automobiles/Vehicles, Recovery Vehicles
• Combat Equipment & accessories
• Border Fencing & Lighting Equipment such as Concertina coils
• Barbed wire, Night Vision Devices
• Kitchen Equipment & Utensils
• Crash fire tenders
• Hydraulic Platforms/ Snorkels
• Fire fighting equipment & documents
• Drugs & Medicines
• Specialized Hospital Equipment
• Scanning Machines
Public Utilities (For Central & State Govts, CPWD, Railways, Defense. Urban
• Automobiles & spares
• Generating Sets
• Air Conditioners, Refrigerators, Water Coolers
• Evaporative Air Coolers
• Cables & conductors
• Luminaries HPSV, HPMV, CFL, GLS Lamps, Fluorescent tubes & fittings
• Electrical Accessories like MCBs, Switches, CSFU
• Energy meters
• Decorative laminates & rexine
• Door & window fittings
• Printing & copying machines like Digital copy printer, duplicating machines, document binder,
• Household Electrical Appliances
• Paper & Paper products
B. Twill bags for packing food grain
• Room air conditioners
• Evaporative air cooler
• Ballasts (Electromagnetic & Electronic)
• Laminates electrical light fittings
• Disaster Management