|Importer Exporter Code i.e. in short IEC is a registration code issued by Director General of Foreign Trade (in short DGFT) to every person desirous of exporting or importing goods out of/into India. In simple terms a person in India who want to Import or Export goods require IEC Code. Without IEC code goods cannot be Importer or Exported to / from India.
IEC CODE can be taken under following category:
• Merchant Exporter
• Manufacturer Exporter
• Service Provider
• Merchant cum Manufacturer
For IEC Code registration the following documents are required to be submitted to DGFT along with the filled application form. Thereafter, DGGT will issue the IEC code if everything is in order. Given below are the documents required to be submitted for IEC Code.
Mandatory Requirements to apply for IEC Code Number :
• Self certified copy of PAN issuing letter or PAN (Permanent Account Number) Card issued by
Income Tax Authority.
• Current Bank Account .
• Bankers Certificate .
• IEC Code Number Application Fee Rs 250.00
• Covering Letter on your company's letter head for issue of new IEC Code Number.
• Two copies of the application in prescribed format ( Aayaat Niryaat Form ANF 2A ) must be
submitted to your regional Jt.DGFT Office.
• Each individual page of the application has to be signed by the applicant.
• Certificate from the Banker of the applicant firm in the specified format.
• Two copies of passport size photographs of the applicant.
• 2 envelope for Self addressed envelope and bank address with Rs.40/- postal stamp for
delivery of IEC certificate.
• Memorandum & Articles of Association
• Board Resolution/consent letter
• Address Proof
• Identity Proof